|Craw. Co EMS:||724-6435|
|Craw. Co Ambulance:||724-4721|
|After Hrs. Water/Elec:||724-6216|
front page showlist
- Created on 16 December 2014
- Hits: 251
Gilmore & Bell, P.C.
EXCERPT OF MINUTES OF A MEETING
OF THE GOVERNING BODY OF
THE CITY OF GIRARD, KANSAS
HELD ON DECEMBER 15, 2014
The governing body met in regular session at the usual meeting place in the City, at 6:30 p.m., the following members being present and participating, to-wit:
The Mayor declared that a quorum was present and called the meeting to order.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Created on 12 December 2014
- Hits: 355
What am I going to do with all my leaves???????
1. If you're energetic, get rake & proceed to rake leaves into a pile. If not, grab the nearest child or neighbor. Give them the rake. Explain they need to rake leaves into a pile. When all the neighborhood children are finished playing in the fresh pile of leaves. Take possession of the rake again & re-rake the leaves. Hopefully, you will be able to get the children, or maybe a neighbor help hold open bags for you to put the leaves in.
2. Tie up bags of leaves.
3. Take bags to the curb. (Again, hopefully you can get assistance with your children &/or neighbors for this laboring task.)
4. Call the city office at 724-8918 to let us know you have bags of leaves and we'll make sure they get picked up.
Thank you for your cooperation regarding leaves.
DO NOT TAKE BAGS OF LEAVES TO THE CITY BRUSH PILE.
- Created on 23 October 2014
- Hits: 1522
A BIG Thank you to Subway & Chicken Marys for sponsoring our Donkey Ball team. The participates had a great time and lots of fun. Some were even a little sore afterwards. Here are a few photos for you to enjoy.
The group receiving instructions on "How to ride a donkey" prior to the game.
The Mayor (aka Pooper Scooper) and his grandchildren helpers.
- Created on 01 October 2014
- Hits: 2066
Take a look at the mural located at the corner of Prairie Ave & Summit St. The Mural was designed by Girard High School student Alex Troike and painted by the Girard High School Art Club & instructor Nicole Meyer-Foresman.
- Created on 01 October 2014
- Hits: 2166
Notice to All Water Customers and Plumbing Contractors:
The City of Girard has started a new water project funded by a KDHE loan that will provide new water storage towers for the city and provide for the removal of the old ones. New electronically read water meters will allow for more accurately read meters as well as real-time information on water leaks and water usage in the future.
One concern that the city wants everyone to be aware of is when the new towers come on-line we expect the water pressure to be better than before and in that regard, some older lines, both public and private, may develop leaks. Everyone, as in the past, should check occasionally for leaky pipes and faucets and continue to monitor after the new towers are built and in operation. The expected time frame for the new towers is approximately June or July of 2015.