1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer


Emergency Numbers

Fire/Police/Medical: 911
City Hall: 724-8918
Police Dispatch: 724-8274
Craw. Co EMS: 724-6435
Craw. Co Ambulance: 724-4721
Police Admin: 724-6219
Fire Admin: 724-6216
Hospital Admin: 724-8219
After Hrs. Water/Elec: 724-6216
February 2018
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 1 2 3

Water Tower @ Power Plant

Water Tower located at the Power Plant. Date:  02/04/15



Utility requirements

Utility Deposits are as posted:

Water:  $25.00     Total Electric:  $200.00     Gas Heated Home:  $125.00

We must have deposit prior to putting utilities in your name.  We keep the deposit for a period of 2 years.  If payments are made by the 15th of the month, we will refund the money in the form of a check.  If payments are paid after the 15th of the month, we will continue to hold the deposit until 2 years of timely payments have been completed or you should move, whereas, we will apply the deposit to your final bill.

We also require 2 forms of identification, one being a picture ID.

If you have any futher questions, please do not hesitate to call the city office at 620-724-8918.



Energy Production


plantKen Bradshaw

Phone: (620) 724-4515
Fax: (620) 724-8060
307 E. Buffalo
Girard, Kansas 66743

Email - energyprod@girardkansas.gov

The City of Girard is responsible for planning, development, production, purchase, transmission and distribution of electricity to the citizens of Girard. Due to the type of generation units the City owns, in recent years it has become more economical to purchase electricity through wholesale energy markets than it is to generate. Since 2006 the City has been a member and purchased power through the Kansas Power Pool (KPP), a member driven organization formed to help keep municipal energy costs affordable under the pool concept. In 2011, as power pool assets have become more costly, the City Council made a decision to leave the pool and enter into an agreement with the Kansas Municipal Energy Association (KMEA). The City is currently operating under the remaining contract with the KPP until approximately May 1, 2013, when the transition to KMEA will be completed. The switch from the KPP to KMEA will be seamless and unnoticeable to the citizens of Girard.

Read more: Energy Production

window.addEvent('domready', function() { $$('.hasTip').each(function(el) { var title = el.get('title'); if (title) { var parts = title.split('::', 2); el.store('tip:title', parts[0]); el.store('tip:text', parts[1]); } }); var JTooltips = new Tips($$('.hasTip'), { fixed: false}); });